Distinguished McKnight University Professor,
Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Affiliate Senior Member of the graduate faculty in Department of
Electrical Engineering and Department of Biomedical Engineering.
B.Sc., Physic, Andong National University, 2009
M.Sc., Green School (Renewable energy), Korea University, 2015
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2015 till now
Research topic: Graphene based sensor, Flexible perovskite solar cells.
B.Sc., Telecommunications and Management,
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, 2017
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2017 till now
Research topic: Perovskite solar cell design and improvement.
B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, 2015
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2017
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2018 till now
Research topic: Photocatalytic water treatment
E-mail: [email protected]
B.Sc., Xian Jiaotong University, 2013
Ph. D., Xian Jiaotong University, 2013 till now
Nonlinear vibration in MEMS resonators and oscillators;
Vibrating electrode in electrochemical application.
Ph.D., Mechanical and Electronic Engineering,
Dalian University of Technology, 2010
Associate professor, Dean of Industrial Design Department,
China University of Petroleum, 2011 till now
B.Sc., Precision Instruments, Tsinghua University, 2015
Ph.D., Precision Instruments, Tsinghua University, 2015 till now
Visiting scholar, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, now
Research topic: Electrochemical sensor, photoelectrochemical sensor
- Bo Zhang, Ph.D., “Nanomaterial Based Biosensors Powered by Solar Cells”
- Longzhong Huang, Ph.D. , “Synthetic Jet Flow and Heat Transfer for Electronics Cooling” (co-chair: Terrence Simon)
- Steven J. Eickhoff, Ph.D., “Design, Fabrication, and Analysis of Chemical Hydride-Based Micro Fuel Cells”, MEMS Group Leader, Honeywell Inc.
- Smita Agrawal, Ph.D., “The Effects of Agitation on Convective Heat Transfer with Applications to Electronic Cooling”, Research Engineer, Dow Chemical Inc. (co-chair: Terrence Simon)
- Taiho Yeom, Ph.D., “A Piezoelectric Translational Flow Agitator for Active Air Cooling of Electronics”, Research Engineer, Seagate Inc. (2012 – present)
- Dongjin Lee, Ph.D., “Layer-by-Layer Nano Self-Assembly of Biosensors”, Assistant Professor at Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea (2012 – present)
- Wei Xue, Ph.D., “Nano-Assembled Carbon Nanotube Thin Film Based Microstructures, Field-Effect Transistors, and Acetylcholine Biosensors”, Assistant Professor at Washington State University (2007 – 2014) and Rowan University (2014 – present)
- Yi Liu, Ph.D., “Nano-Assembled Nanoparticle/Polymer based Field-Effect Transistors and Their Biosensing Applications”, Senior Engineer at Seagate Inc. (2006 – present)
- Feng Hua, Ph.D., “Patterning Layer-by-Layer Self-Assembled Multilayer by Lithography and Its Applications to Thin Film Devices”, Assistant Professor at Clarkson University (2005 - 2009), and Associate Professor at Marion Technical College (2009 – present)
- Yuxin Liu, Ph.D., “Polymer-based Capacitors, Junction Field-Effect Transistors, and a Follower Circuit by Lithography, Self-Assembly, Ink-Jet Printing Techniques”, Assistant Professor at West Virginia University (2009 – present)
- Jing Wang, Ph.D., “Vertical Polymer Tunneling Sensor Platform by Hot Embossing Technique”, (Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award recipient), Senior Scientist at Fluidigm Inc.
- Yongjun Zhao, Ph.D., “Polymer-based Lateral Comb Drive Based on Hot Embossing Process”, Senior Engineer at Seagate Inc.
- Guirong Liang, Ph.D., “Organic Diodes, Field-Effect Transistors, and an Inverter Circuit by Microfabrication Techniques”, Senior Device Engineer at San Disk Inc.
- Mengyan Li, Ph.D., “Fabrication of Cell Culture Scaffolds Using Micro/nanotechnologies to Study the Attachment and Alignment of Smooth Muscle Cells”, Senior Biomedical Engineering at MiMedx, Inc. (co-advisor: Mike McShane)
- Jingshi Shi, Ph.D., “LbL Nanoassembly Combined with Microfabrication Techniques for Microelectronics and MEMS” (co-advisor: Yuri Lvov)
- Mo Zhu, Ph.D., “Fabrication, Characterization, and Modeling of Organic Capacitors, Schottky Diodes, and Filed Effect Transistors”, Senior Engineer at Synopsys Inc. (co-advisor: Kody Varahramyan)
- Shota Sando, M.S., “Self-Assembly of Graphene Gas Sensors”
- Keping Song, M.S., “Modeling of Flexible Nanostructured Solar Cells”
- Zhijiang Ye, M.S., “Thermally Enhanced Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Microfluidic Alignment”
- Vinnee B. A. Selvi, M.S., “MEMS-Based Synthetic Jets for Micro Air-Cooling Systems”
- Ben McDonald, M.S., “Surface Wetting Using Self Assembly of TiO2 Nanoparticles for Heat Pipes”
- Charles Groepper, M.S., “Integrated Pressure, Flow and Temperature Sensing for Fluid Power Systems” (co-advisor: Kim Stelson)
- Jing Wang, M.S., “Micromachined Wide-Bandwidth Magnetic Field Sensors Based on a PMMA Electron Tunneling Transducer” (practicum)
- Yongjun Zhao, M.S., “Suspension Beam Strength Improvement by Shape Modification” (practicum)
- Changyuan Chen, M.S., “Manufacturability in a 100 nm T-Gate SOI Recessed Channel MOSFET” (thesis)
- Md Mazhar Ul Hoque, M.S., “Structural Health Monitoring of Underground Pipes with Embedded MEMS Sensors: an FEA Feasibility Study”, (co-chair, Abdelkader Tayebi) (thesis)
- Yu Liang, M.S., “Applications of Thin Film Heaters and Temperature Sensors to Micro Reaction System” (thesis)
- Adam G. Reppond, M.S., “Design, Fabrication, and Testing of a Micro flow Sensor” (thesis)